Tuesday

Cindy Crawford can palm a basketball

The following post is from Cindy's old fan site.

Message from Julia
Subject: Cindy Photo shoot w/ Shaq

My daughter and I were wondering about something...and Cindy I hope you can shed some light on this. A friend of my daughter's showed us pictures from a photo shoot you did with Shaquille O' Neal. One (or two) of the pictures showed you palming a basketball. My daughter plays on a high school team and she is 6'1" and CANNOT palm a basketball. It sure looks as if you CAN palm it WITH EASE!!! Was that trick photography that was used? Did they use some type of sticky substance to get you to do that? Or, do you have really long hands?? My daughter's hands measure 7.5 inches from the base of her palm to the tip of her middle finger. How long are your hands?? Anyways, hope you don't think this is too odd of a topic...but we were just curious...especially since my daughter is several inches taller than you.

Thanks and best wishes to you and your family.
Julia

Dear Julia,

That shoot was a long time ago, so I can't swear by my answer. However, I can "palm" a basketball for a second or two and fortunately that's all it takes for a photo.

Love,
Cindy


It sounds to me like the person who wrote this might have had a think for Cindy's hands :)

If anyone has the picture of her palming please send it along!